Saturday was Claire's very 1st dance recital. They've been working on their dances all year. She has been practicing on stage for two weeks so they wouldn't get the jitters. She had three practices this week. So of course she started throwing up Friday night/Saturday morning. And then had an elevated temp on Saturday - 99 degrees. Phil was ready to throw in the towel (he's such a GUY!), but I really didn't want her to miss her big recital. I figured we could just keep her from touching anybody and breathing on anyone and it would be OK. We doped her up with some Motrin and hauled her there, and she did GREAT (and I think we kept our germs to ourselves). She was her usual bouncy, happy self up on stage and snuggled with her yellow blankie in between numbers.
Maddie was disappointed that we left after Claire's last number. If we had stayed until the end then Maddie could have gotten on stage for the finale. Poor girl will have to wait until next year, when she'll be doing her own two numbers on-stage. Here are a few shots from Claire's big day:
3 comments:
What a trooper! Saturday must have been recital day as my girls had their dance recital as well! BTW, I couldn't get your video to work. :( But the pictures are cute.
Very precious. How fun it is to watch your girls grow up. Can't wait to see what the new one does!
Oh, how I love to live vicariously since I apparently only make boys!! They are so sweet & I loved the concentration face when she was dancing in the video.
Post a Comment