Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

The girls wanted to make it a special day for Katie.  They planned a surprise breakfast in bed for their mom.  I was able to help them get it together, sneakily before Katie woke up.  Surprisingly, everyone got to sleep in and this action didn't happen until AFTER 7:30 AM!  

So with a flick of the lightswitch and a few yells of "Surprise!" Mom got a delicious breakfast of cereal and coffee in bed this morning.  The girls also gave their mom a nice t-shirt for sleeping in, with the world's greatest airplane on it (something needed to replace that old ratty t-shirt she was wearing!).  

After mass we enjoyed another fine brunch at the Club with some good friends.  

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, grandmoms, and great-grandmoms out there!  We love you!

3 comments:

Mom and Dad D. said...

Nice going Phil, Claire, and Maddie. I know Katie appreciated the breakfast in bed. Happy Mother's Day, Katie. You're a great Mom!

Dad D. said...

RE: Your old t-shirt. The USS SAMUEL ELIOT MORISON(FFG-13) was decommissioned 11 April 2002 and transferred to Turkey, where she was renamed TCG Gokova (F 496), joining other Perry Class frigates the Turkish Navy has acquired from the U. S. So, Katie, I guess it's appropriate to de-com the shirt.

Unknown said...

You're probably right, Dad, in that it's time to retire the old shirt. It is almost 15 years old! Phil got me one that says, "I love my Airman" so I wore that last night instead. :)