Saturday, May 9, 2009

Beautiful (albeit stolen) flowers

Here they are: the beautiful iris that my mom and I snuck out and stole - er, I'm mean saved - last year from the area of housing where they demolished a bunch of houses. Someone lovingly planted these pretty things and they were just going to get neglected in the field or bulldozed or mowed over. So we "rescued" them and relocated them to my front yard. They sure turned out to be pretty - and they smell nice too!




2 comments:

Grandma Bethy said...

Your iris look very happy there, and even if sometime they tear down your neighborhood, if they leave the tree there the iris should stay safe. I think we did a very good thing! :)

Cyndi said...

It reminds me of the time your mom helped me "rescue" some iris from grandma Dermody's house before it was sold. They are doing great down here in Texas. They are slowly catching up to the blooming time of the rest of the iris around.

Aunt Cyndi