OK, Western Washington experiences a lot of rain throughout the year. A LOT of rain. But every July the clouds part, the sun comes out, and the sky is a beautiful shade of blue for the entire summer. The temperature hovers around 80 or so. It's absolutely perfect. Unless, of course, you have purchased tickets to go to Day Out with Thomas where most of the activities are outside. Oh well, at least we all own rain gear.
We met up with several of our friends and braved the weather and Thomas together. Boy did the kids have fun! I even got a little caught up in the Thomas excitement and bought each of the girls a wooden train engine for the train table they don't have. Claire didn't let go of her new Thomas engine until bedtime tonight.
Afterwards I just had to stop by Ikea since we were already so close, so we didn't start heading home until around 2:45pm. Since today is Friday the traffic was absolutely horrific. We got drive-thru food for dinner (looks like I'm cooking from scratch this weekend to make up for all of this fast food this week!) and STILL didn't get home until 6:33pm. But it was evidently worth it because Claire asked to watch a Thomas video as soon as we walked in the door! There are some marketing geniuses working for Thomas...

2 comments:
I heard this was a great show/thingy. Too bad they didnt have this a couple of years ago, Max would have loved it.
Phillip can build a table for the girls from some wood too easily and skip the expensive store bought tables. All he needs is to use his engineering thinking cap!!! Or ask grampa for ideas! I think it only took 12 pieces of wood and 1 piece of dry erase type board for the base!
Post a Comment