Two of their most experienced pilots (I hope) and several loadmasters took us up and showed us what the airplane can do. We got to experience an assault landing, a combat offload (of stuff, not us!), and they opened up the back end of the plane during flight so we could see out the back while we cruised past the Space Needle and Lake Washington.
I also got to ride in the cockpit in a jump seat for awhile and take in the nice views that Phil is treated to on a regular basis. It was really an amazing experience and we had a beautiful day for it.
I was proud of myself for not getting sick during the flight -- they're a little more -ahem- aggressive with their flight maneuvers than one would experience on a commercial flight. Check out the horizon here:
Phil and the girls came to the base to meet me after the flight and we watched the next spouse flight take off from the lookout park. It was a fun day!
1 comment:
OK--Now I'm really jealous. I thought our simulator flight was pretty cool until I saw this!!!
Post a Comment