Click the photo above to see more of our camping adventure and some cool ice storm pics!
Even though we did all we could to keep the heat in our house, it got cold pretty quickly. We tried to make heat by boiling pots of water on the stove (which is gas, thank goodness). And running the shower on hot (gas water heater too). Both helped a little, but when we couldn't get the house up past 57 degrees on day 2 I was ready to throw in the towel. Pioneer women had fireplaces in their houses to keep them warm!
I'm glad we bugged out when we did. Here's what the time line looked like:
Thursday 4:35pm: power out due to the ice storm
Friday: Brrrrr
Saturday afternoon: run away to Dallas for Mommy's type of camping - in a nice hotel!
Sunday: enjoy the comfort of heat in hotel; sight-seeing and then dinner with my uncle Brian's family
Monday: Got ready to check out - decided to stay and shop
Tuesday: Packed up to check out - decided to stay and shop
Wednesday: Learned the power was finally back. Checked out, shopped a little more and then came home.
5 comments:
No power & heat is quite the adventure for a day or two, but beyond that it's miserable. Glad you guys were able to make it to Dallas and have fun shopping!
Wow! That reminds me of our ice storm last year, but yours looks much worse! You have some pretty amazing pictures. I'm glad you were able to get out of the cold. I remember our "no power" spell when we lived in WA after the wind storm.
Those pictures are amazing. How does it look now that things are thawing out? I've never seen ice that bad before...crazy.
Yikes, man! Hopefully, there's not too much permanent damage after all that. Amazing how something so beautiful can be so dangerous.
Great pictures!
Post a Comment