Saturday, June 6, 2009

Picnic, anyone?

Check out the girls' new picnic table! Their daddy made it for them -- from scratch! Impressive, huh?



It started several weeks ago when we went to a park and Phil noticed a nice kid-sized picnic table. He thoroughly inspected it and muttered something about making one. I thought nothing more about it until he decided last week that he was going to build one for the girls. He found some plans online, made a trip to Lawton for lumber (no cedar in all of Altus!!!), and got to work. It really didn't take him long, probably because he had two little helpers with him, checking his measurements and preforming periodic quality-control checks.







Claire and Maddie LOVE their new table and have insisted on taking all of their snacks and meals on it.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Great job! It looks very professional. I'm sure the kids will have many fun meals on that table.

Beth said...

So stinkin' cute!! And way to go, Daddy! Your hero status just increased exponentially, I'm sure! :-)

Scott, Sarah, William, Daniel, Colin, and Sam said...

I want one, I want one!! Does he sell them for profit??? Great job, Phil!

Mom S said...

VERY impressive, Phillip! I guess you really do take after your dad. It fits the girls perfectly.....I can tell they really love it.

Rozanne said...

What a great Dad! Way to go, Phil! The girls will enjoy it so much!

Grandpa D. said...

Very impressive. I can tell the girls love it.

Rosemarie said...

WOW...that is ten times better than any of the plastic ones you pay big bucks for. Great job.

Susan B said...

Very impressive. We might even drive to Altus for a visit if he'd promise to make one for Eth!