Phil and I realized on Saturday that this weekend might be our last opportunity to go to a real city for quite some time. I'll be 37 weeks along next Friday, which is a little far along to make the required 2.5 hour trip to Oklahoma City. We quickly decided to take advantage and go do SOMETHING on Sunday!
We ultimately decided on the Natural History Museum in Norman, OK (just a little south of OKC). As it turns out, the girls think dinosaurs are pretty cool. Maddie got a little freaked out by the big monsters a few times, but overall they both had a great time exploring and checking out the exhibits.
We had enough time at the end of the day for me to make a quick run into Target for a few much-needed items that I can't get online. That was a huge treat for me, since our nearest Target is 104 miles away from our house. Phil spent that part of his Father's Day circling the Target parking lot while the girls took a rest in the van. We made sure he didn't forget he's a daddy this Father's Day! :)
My poor dad, on the other hand, had a pretty rough Father's Day weekend. He was supposed to be enjoying a bachelor's weekend at home while my mom went to a daylily show out of town. Instead he spent the weekend trying to rid their basement of water after a pretty nasty storm. Hopefully they get it all cleaned up quickly, but please keep them in your thoughts and prayers!
3 comments:
How fun for you. I also get excited to go to Target, and I could walk there! Your girls are beautiful, and I smiled when I saw "edgy" in the last picture.
Aunt Cyndi
How do you survive living 104 miles from a Target store? I barely ever leave Tumwater since we have everything here. You are so close to delivery day! Good luck and hope it goes smoothly. Can't wait to see pics of the baby!
Oy! 104 miles from Target?!?!?! You deserve a medal or something. The girls are precious and you looked fantastic. Can't wait to hear about baby's arrival!!
Post a Comment