Sunday, March 1, 2009

Trip to Chicago

So, what do you do when you get a new car? Well, I test that baby out! Phil had a two-week trip to Alabama so I loaded the girls into our van (with 76 miles on the odometer) and headed to Illinois to visit family. Because there's nothing quite so enticing as Chicago in February/March.

Now, for those of you not familiar with the military there is a certain rule of thumb. Whenever one's spouse goes out of town something major immediately breaks. I thought I'd duck that rule this time by getting out of town myself, but I was mistaken.

We stopped at my friend Sarah's house for the night on the way up to Chicago. Boy am I glad we did! In the morning we came out of Sarah's house and discovered one of my beautiful new tires was FLAT! She's pregnant and I'm pregnant and we were not going to be changing a tire. Thank goodness for USAA Roadside Assistance! They sent a very nice gentleman to change my tire and the lovely Honda dealer by Sarah's house patched up my tire for me that day. Broken thing: handled.

We were able to have a nice visit with them, in spite of the drama. In fact, Claire is STILL talking about Monkey Joe's bouncy house place.

1 comment:

Scott, Sarah, William, Daniel, Colin, and Sam said...

Just realizing we never did get those belly pics! And, can you send me the pics of Daniel & Maddie? I'd forgotten how cute those turned out.