Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fairies in the park

We just got back from Maddie's (oops, Madeline's) Tinker Bell birthday party at Lake Accotink Park.  Yes, I planned another party for her outside.  Never mind the fact that in years past it has ALWAYS rained on the day of this child's birthday party.  Maddie was due some good weather and this year she got it!

We don't know many folks here yet, so we invited her whole preschool class.  Clearly we couldn't have it at our house (have I mentioned that our backyard is made up entirely of mud?  Yep, barely a blade of grass but lots of dirt.  That's fine for 2 or 3 kids, but not so much for an entire preschool class...).  So off to the park we went.

The kids got to ride the carousel.


Twice.


And they got to play mini-golf.   That part was cRaZy (all those excited preschoolers wielding golf clubs!  Ack!) but they all seemed to enjoy it.  Especially Colin.


We ate cake and had a pinata.

The kids were happy.  I didn't have to clean our house.  Fun for all!

1 comment:

unca rick said...

How fun...and for the whole class! No heartbroken kids "left out". Kudos to you for making it happen. Madeline will remember her sunny birthday, I'm sure!