Thursday, April 21, 2011

Gearing up for Easter


Poor Colin. There was a "Breakfast with the Bunny" fundraiser at Claire's school and, of course, Claire and Maddie wanted to go. So off we went to get the obligatory photo with the bunny and eat some breakfast. Colin was decidedly uncool with this concept at Christmas time (but that was Santa - this is a bunny! Who doesn't love a fuzzy bunny???). Turns out he's still not a fan. Oh well, we got the picture anyway! Aren't the girls' dresses from Grandma Bethie pretty?

OK, so it IS a demented looking bunny!

Next up: egg hunt at Maddie's preschool.

They had a beautiful day for it.

On a side note, I just love her little preschool. It's in the town of Bordentown, which is pretty much what I always pictured when I thought of New England.

The kids are sweet. The teachers are nice. It's been a wonderful place for her.


Today in our Easter prep: dye some eggs. The kiddos' favorite activity; not so much mine. But they did a lovely job.

Colin really got into it this year and insisted (as only a not-quite-2-year-old can) that he get to participate fully and dye his own eggs. I was skeptical, but he did great. Naked, but great.

And then this afternoon the mailman delivered the annual box o' contraband from Aunt Heidi:
Aunt Heidi - your packaging gives you away!

You see, I can't bring myself to buy Peeps for my kiddos. Is there a worse food out there? They're made of marshmallow, corn syrup, gelatin, and carnuba wax. Yuck. The kiddos love them, though. Lucky for them, their Aunt Heidi knows I'm a big meanie and she ALWAYS pulls through and sends them a big ol' box full of Peeps and other fun items!

Of course, I have to provide photographic evidence of the Peep consumption, so here it is:

2 comments:

Susan said...

I agree, that rabbit looks a bit demented. Why is his head so small? Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

Heidi said...

How do I know they took the bites and not you????? J/K Looks like they enjoyed the package: Happy Easter!!!