Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Keeler Oak


When we first moved into our house we noticed a big tree near our subdivision's retention pond. It was clearly old. Really, REALLY old. We didn't know it was about 300 years old, though, until I happened to find a little blurb about it on some obscure website that I found while surfin' the web. Upon closer inspection of the nearby tree we found this sign:

Photos really can't do this tree justice, but that didn't keep me from snapping a few anyway.









This area has such a neat history. It was so fun to discover some of it in our (almost) backyard!



3 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, that tree is huge! Very cool.

Aunt Cyndi said...

Well, if you look at the perspective of the kids and the tree, I think you did a great job of doing it justice. Very impressive.

PawPaw said...

Are you sure it isn't the Keebler Oak? Did you see any elves or cookie crumbs?