Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Getting to know Colin

My parents (aka the Extraordinary Baby-Holders and Kiddo-Entertainers) left for home on Sunday morning. Phil and I did OK juggling the kids by ourselves. Then Phil (aka the Extraordinary Chef/Book-Reader/Baby-Burper/Baby-Swaddler/Baby-Walker/Diaper-Changer) went back to work on Monday, leaving me alone with all three of them for the first time. It was... not nearly as bad as I thought! We all survived and the TV didn't burn out from over-use.

Anyway, we are all adjusting pretty well and we're getting to know our new little guy. He likes:
Eating
Burping
Listening to singing
Snuggling/being held
Going for walks around the kitchen/living room/dining area circle
Any noise his sisters make

He does not like:
Diaper changes
Clothing changes
Naps in his bed
Silence

3 comments:

Beth said...

Well, the fact that he doesn't like silence can only be a good thing considering he's got two big sisters! Glad to hear your first couple of days have gone well!!

Eric and Rozanne said...

I agree. It's better to have a baby that doesn't like silence, for sure. It's cute that he likes all the girls noises. I'm so glad to hear that the adjustment hasn't been as bad as you expected. It's certainly great to have help those first few weeks. He's such a cutie!

Scott, Sarah, William, Daniel, Colin, and Sam said...

You're so funny! Maybe next time, you could post a couple of pics of him enjoying/not-enjoying those activities (hint, hint!!--we're all waiting for more!)