Friday, September 19, 2008

Grandparents! Four of 'em!

As we mentioned before, we both had our parents in town together for a week, just to see us (because let's face it: we don't live in a tourist destination down here!). We were SO happy that they all could make it out here for a visit.

The girls and I were in grandparent heaven. With four grandparents in the house, I didn't push a single kid on the swing set for an entire week. Not once. That's really saying something because that's really all Maddie ever wants to do. (Ever. If she could figure out a way to suck her thumb on the swing I don't think we'd ever get her back in the house.) And we had a good excuse to go out to eat (gotta show them the local culture, right?). They took Claire to and from school and dance. They picked up whiny kids and entertained them, they broke up fights and prevented arguments.

Ummm, can you guys come back, please??? I'm still trying to adjust back to doing all of that myself all day long! Pretty please???



(click for more pics!)

2 comments:

Beth said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Isn't it such a wonderful reprieve when the parents are in town? You can actually ENJOY your family members instead of just cooking, cleaning, changing, chasing, etc, etc!!

Anonymous said...

Miss the girls already. Wish we could be there to push the girls on their swings. I really enjoyed Maddie's singing as she was swinging.