We live in Oklahoma. They have rodeos here. This is a new thing for us, aside from a very brief trip to a rodeo in San Antonio when Phil and I were dating (and it was really more like a carnival than anything else). Anyway, they really rope and ride at the rodeos around here. Unfortunately most of that ropin' and ridin' starts at 8pm, which is a bit late for our little cowgirls. Lucky for us, though, there are some events that take place during the day. Like the cattle drive. You know, the one that goes through the base and right through housing! Crazy? Yes. But it's true.
The girls were in school & Mother's Day Out when the cattle came through housing, but I managed to get them back in time to see some steers (or are they cows?). Claire now officially wants to be a cowgirl when she grows up.
I didn't have my camera with me, and I'm still waiting on photos from a friend who was there with hers. In the meantime, you'll just have to believe me that we had longhorns and cowboys here today!
2 comments:
NEVER heard of this! Who knew??
They are officially called cattle.
Post a Comment