Monday, April 14, 2008

Lilacs

Spring has sprung around here and the shrubs are getting leaves. We had two mystery bushes on each end of the house which recently began leafing out -- and now they're blooming! We have two nice-sized lilac bushes. What a great surprise! The girls and I went out to cut a few blooms this morning and they had fun sniffing and playing with them.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I was just noticing my lilac bushes this weekend. There are tiny buds and leaves. Can't wait until they start opening up. I can smell them as I watch Claire and Maddie with theirs. Cindy Bruno

Anonymous said...

We're about three weeks behind you, still waiting for spring, but seeing some green grass and crocuses. I hope everyone remembers to click on the pics to see the other cute shots. Dad D.

Beth said...

What pretty girls!! I want to get one of Leah with our hydrangeas when they come out. Have a great time in Kansas City in a couple weeks! I'm so bummed that we'll just miss each other. :(

Bill, Heidi, plus all the kids said...

I can't wait until my lilacs bloom! Very cute pics by the way.

Anonymous said...

How lovely to see such beautiful children--and what looks like warm weather! Can't wait for both....

Scott, Sarah, William, Daniel, Colin, and Sam said...

You need to frame that picture of Claire! It's adorable. She looks so "girly"!